Yayasan Wahana Mandiri Indonesia (YWMI) is a local organization which is part of a global movement for change, empowering people to create a justice and prosperity world. YWMI’s mission is to build sustainable solutions to poverty and vulnerability, with a focus on improving lifes. Also promoting independence and fairness. YWMI demonstrates as global humanitarian organization through universal compassion, peace building, dignified living, and active citizenry, both locally and globally.
Yayasan Wahana Mandiri Indonesia (YWMI) works to support the government empowering community through sustainable development programs, livelihood, education and orphan care, water & sanitation, agriculture & rural development, environmental & climate change and humanitarian assistance in disasters in order to create sustainable and integrated solutions to the poverty. We also have seasonal program such as Ramadan and Qurbani programs.
Job Title : Finance & Administration Officer
Location/ Duty Station : DI Yogyakarta Province
The Finance & Administration (F&A) Officer will be responsible for overseeing all financial project management, as well as general office services.
The F&A Officer will be responsible for maintaining YWMI’s financial integrity, preparing all financial reports efficiently and in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Indonesia government regulations, Indonesia Accounting Regulations, YWMI policies and procedures, and donor requirements throughout the life of the project. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the accounting, finance, and administration components of the program, including petty cash funds and field office finance, accounting, and administrative activities;
- Establish program financial management systems, procedures and controls to ensure consistency with YWMI standard operating procedures and Indonesia government policies;
- Coordinate monthly requests for funds to ensure the project has all necessary funds for operations, and coordinate and oversee program tendering and procurement activities in country;
- Advise project staff on financial health through the provision of regular and timely financial expenditure reports;
- Review and approve all vouchers prepared (disbursement, receipt, and general journal vouchers) for expenditures and ensure that expenses are reasonable, allowable, and allocable to the project;
- Maintain financial controls and procedures for the management of funds and sub awards/contracts;
- Supervise project staff, consultants, and partners working in finance and administration for the project;
- Produce budget projections, analysis, and reports for review and action by YWMI and for submission to donors;
- Manage financial files and support annual audits.
- Coordinate financial and contractual requirements for grants to local organizations and technical services provided to the project.
- Oversee payroll procedures;
- Manage all tax calculation, payment, and reporting;
- Maintain asset inventory controls and procedures for the management of assets;
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor degree in a relevant-fields;
- At least 3 years working experiences of related field;
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, creative problem solving, conflict, ethical management skills, and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical and computer skills, especially with accounting software, spreadsheets, and financial analysis
- Good communication skill and experience working with multi stakeholder: government, community, private sectors, and vendors;
- Able to work independently and work with team;
- Excellent communication skill in Bahasa Indonesia and English;
- Computer Literate of MS Office.
Expected Start Date: ASAP
YWMI offers a flexible and supportive work environment and strongly encourages developing your skills and abilities to further your career opportunities. Interested applicants are requested to submit their CV and application to firstname.lastname@example.org by 27 March 2020 at the latest.
Please ensure to put the post you apply for in the subject line of your e-mail. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.